Good news! It is becoming easier and easier to create a website.
Of course, there are advanced ways of doing things. But let's say you want a basic website, maybe to publicize some information about yourself, create a blog, etc. Here's the easiest way.
- Create an account on GoDaddy.com
- Think of a URL you like. Maybe it should be yourname.me or your-website-topic.com
- Using GoDaddy.com, type the URL into the big search bar until you find something that's available.
- Purchase the domain, and be sure to use a promo code to significantly reduce your cost. See http://www.fatwallet.com/GoDaddy-coupons/
- Purchase hosting through GoDaddy. Select the option you like. The cheapest is fine, if you want a basic website.
- Call GoDaddy!!! This step is important. GoDaddy has excellent customer service. Give them a call, and let them know what kind of website you want. They'll give you some ideas for how to get started. If you want a blogging website, or a simple website, WordPress is particularly easy, and you can install it within GoDaddy. Message me if you have further questions!